Product highlight: EQUALIZER FLANGE ALIGNMENT TOOLS
In industrial applications, tools, and equipment that can save you time and energy by making work easier are usually most welcome. Flange connectors common in multiple-tool industrial applications. Flanges refer to the linkages used to a piping system. Piping systems are common in industries such as power plants, refineries, petrochemical plants, midstream pipeline applications, and water utilities. Once the bolts are removed from interconnected flanges as is common during routine maintenance, misalignment could occur.
The most basic strategy for re-aligning such flanges requires you to use hand tools such as spud wrenches, hammers, or drift pins. These tools could take a great deal of time and work. Apart from making your work difficult, such tools could also cause injuries. Flange alignment tools eliminate the need for the mentioned time-consuming and unsafe flange alignment practices.
Aztec Bolting is a leading provider of hydraulic tooling products and services in critical bolting applications. We provide our clients with the following flange alignment tools from Equalizer:
Equalizer flange alignment tools
The Equalizer line of flange alignment tools is intended to adjust pipe flanges that are which are significantly misaligned. The 4 models of flange alignment tools from Equalizer include; FA1TM, the FA4TM, the FA9TE, and the TFA15TI. The FA1TM and FA4TM models are operated mechanically while the FA9TE and the TFA15TI models are operated through hydraulics.
The FA1TM model is the most compact and lightest amongst the three models. While its weight is less than five pounds, it makes produces 2,000 pounds of aligning power. It is ideal for aligning small diameter and pressure flanges.
The FA4TM model is larger than the FA1TM. While the latter is controlled through a built-in crank, the FA4TM is run by a detachable 50ft/lb socket wrench. Its weight is 19 pounds, and it produces four tons of aligning force.
FA9TE is the biggest model. It produces up to nine tons of aligning power. The FA9TE flange alignment kit has the alignment tool, a 10,000 psi pump and hose, safety belt, and the manual.
The TFA15TI mode is specifically designed for turbine power alignment applications. It helps in the de-ovalising or aligning internal pipe flanges to solve misalignment issues within tower sections in wind turbines. It weighs 47 pounds, and it has an alignment capacity of 15 tons.
Equalizer flange spreader tools
Equalizer spreader tools are designed to help you spread all flange joint types, including those without access gaps. They include:-
- MG7TM model – this is the smallest model, and it requires a 2.0mm access gap to create a 1” spread. It has a pin through bolt-hole design which prevents the tool from falling off the flange gap
- SWi5TE – requires a minimum access gap of 4.00mm. It is operated through an external hydraulic pump
- The rest of the flange spreaders in the SWi series include the SWi20/25TI, SWi20/25TE, and the SWi12/14TM, all of which require a minimum access gap of 6.00mm. The different models differ when it comes to the wedge head design. They also have different spread capabilities.
Equalizer splitter tools
The Equalizer NS Nut Splitter range was developed in response to the need for more effective splitter tools in onshore and offshore applications. Apart from being efficient and cost-effective, Equalizer splitter tools will help you develop and design safe tools. Aztec stocks the NS12TE and the NS12TI models, which are meant for external and internal use respectively.
Some of the features which make Equalizer’s splitter tools stand out are:
- They have an optimized cutting head geometry. This allows the splitter tools to be used in the majority of flange joints
- They feature a heat-treated shock-resistant cutting tip
- An integrated steel covering protects the cutting zone from flying particles
- An easily replaceable cutting tip
- They feature a revolving, drop-tested anchor point
- You do not need to have separate hand-pumps, couplings, or hoses when working with these splitter tools
- The high-strength composite handle for shock absorption from extreme vibrations
In case you are uncertain on what flange alignment tool you should use, the experts at Aztec Bolting will help you choose what’s suitable for your application. Contact us by calling us at 1-866-941-0999 or by filling in our online form.